Who Am I?
“Music is my essence. There are no boxes. I don’t see boxes when I create. Life is complex. I absorb my surroundings and express life as a musical soundtrack. I love beats, word twists, inventing sounds, contemplation, figuring it out. Sometimes I feel like telling stories through composing music, sometimes I feel like writing, singing. or rapping. I am an Ambassador to Curiosity. I love a blank canvas.”
“My name, JPRiZM, expresses who I am. I love diverse cultures and peoples. That name came because I have a vast appreciation for life and culture. Where I’m at musically is like a prism; prisms look different every time you look at them, always changing depending on which way the light is hitting them. With me, on any given day, that’s how I am artistically. When I create, I couldn’t tell you why I choose this sound, or decide to use that color, because even I don’t know at that moment.”
“When I create, I’m tapping into something that I don’t fully understand; I usually don’t until way later. I work off of feeling and energy and I do something because I feel it inside. It may not be a diamond right out of the case, but it’s real and it’s from my essence, my soul. We all owe it to this realm to share our perception of things with each other. That is how we grow. That is how we transcend. That is art.”
“I am a creator…. Imaginator, Culturalist, Artist, Prism…JPRiZM”
- Composed music and consulted on the Showtime film “100% Julian Edelman”;
- Recently released a couple of collaboration singles All Your Love and Lost and Wild (JPRiZM Remix).
- Composed the end credit song Heart of a Woman for the Lionsgate film “Traffik”
- Awarded a “Boston Foundation Grant” for youth music program Boston Rise
- Released various vocal and instrumental singles and EPs, and collaborated with slew of talented collaborators, reaping in excess of 2 million streams across various platforms.
- Composed for several consumer brand commercials and companies including Quicksilver, First Aid Shot Therapy, Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, and others
- My single Rise was nominated for “Animated Video of the Year by the Independent Music Awards.”
- Began professional journey with the debut album Mindwalker, voted a top 50 hip hop album at college radio and peaking at #6.